I've decided to break down the “What Food to Pack for Pemberton Music Festival” list. As I mentioned in my previous post I am a lazy binge eater when it comes to festivals. I work my butt off during the week eating super healthy, going for runs and doing fitness classes. When it's festival time I don't even have energy to put real pyjamas on so you bet I won't be cooking gourmet meals. I appreciate the people who put in the effort to get their nutrition though. GO YOU GIRL (or boy)!!! I've broken down meal plans into two different types of campers along with meal plans and grocery lists for each. I'm heading up Friday morning so the meal plans are effective Friday at lunch.
THE SAVAGES. Savages are people who come with minimal efforts and want to break out of their salad eating habits or continue to live off everything processed for the weekend. I happily categorize myself as a Savage camper.
THE LUXURY CAMPERS & HEALTH NUTS. These are the people who put in the extra effort to max out their fine dining experience during the festival. They generally just like eating quality food or they're really sticking to their paleo diet. Savages will be waken up every morning to the smell of delicious omelettes, freshly brewed coffee and maybe even the smell of steak! They will be jealous and experience FOMO. Damn it for being so lazy and cheap!
THE SAVGES MEAL PLAN
- Saturday- Oatmeal
- Sunday- BQQ'd bread with peanut butter OR pancakes. Last year at Sasquatch we made TEQUILA PANCAKES. Now that's how you start the morning off at a festival ;)
- Monday- Hello McDonalds drive through on the way home! @bolandia_yvr@Pemberton_Fest@VancityBuzz If you want the "Lazy & UNhealthy" edition, add 200% more bacon!! Brilliant stuff, Sarah!— 102.7 The PEAK (@ThePEAK) July 16, 2014
- Friday- Hot Dogs and/or Burgers
- Saturday- PB & J
- Sunday- Canned food
I don't know about you but I plan to be fist pumping and crowd surfing at this point. Will either be too full from all the booze to eat or grab a bite inside.
- Fuzzy Peaches
- Graham crackers
- Hershey's Chocolate
- Beef Jerky
- Ritz cheese sandwich crackers
THE LUXURY CAMPERS & HEALTH NUTS
- Saturday- Omelettes and Bacon. Pre cut all the veggies and put them into a container so all you have to do is dump it into the pan.
- Sunday- Granola, yogurt and fruits of sorts.
- Monday- An organic breakfast wrap from some one-off mom and pop coffee shop on the way home
- Friday- Deli meat on buns with cheese and side salad
- Saturday- Steak with roasted peppers and baked potatoes
- Sunday- Pre-made Quinoa salad
- I don't know about you but I plan to be fist pumping and crowd surfing at this point. Will either be to full from all the booze to eat or grab a bite inside.
- Pita Bread
- Trail Mix
- Granola Bars